Highways Awards 2018
The shortlist for this year’s Highways Awards (formerly Highways Magazine Excellence Awards) has been announced, ahead of the ceremony on Wednesday 17 October and we are delighted to be a key finalist.
Incredibly A-one+ is shortlisted for SIX of the national awards, more than any other company, over a wide range of topics including innovation, sustainability, cultural heritage (DF), customer and delivery.
Our shortlisted entries are:
- A63 South Cave 6000T Project for ‘Team of the Year’
- A64 Barton Hill Improvement Scheme: The Sustainable Legacy for ‘Environmental Sustainability in the Highways Sector’ with CR Civils
- Raising the Bar on Customer Experience in Area 12 for ‘Most Innovative Highway Authority’
- M180 Inglis Bridge Cultural Heritage Project for ‘Environmental Sustainability in the Highways Sector’
- M621 J3-6 Central Reserve Barrier Renewal for ‘Most Innovative Highway Authority’ with Deltblock & CR Civils
- Area 12 Road Mole Circular Pothole Repair for ‘Highway Industry Product of the Year’ with Road Mole
Go here to find out more about the other finalists and who we are up against http://hmea.co.uk/finalists
Winners will be revealed at a gala evening at the Lancaster London on 17 October hosted by former Formula 1 McLaren pity crew mechanic and motivational speaker, Marc Priestley.
The Highways Awards is organised by Highways magazine and SMART Highways magazine and supported by: Dft, the Department of Regional Development, Highways England, Transport Scotland, Infrastructure Northern Ireland, Institute of Highways Engineers (IHE), ITS (UK) and the Welsh Assembly Government.
The Judges Special Merit Award, sponsored by Archway Products will be announced on the night and will be awarded to any of the above shortlisted entries.
Jonathan Pearson, Head Judge and President of the IHE said: “The judging for these awards becomes more difficult every year as the standard of entries increases and this year is no different. The short-listed entries are a fine collection of individuals, companies and partnerships that make you proud to be a part of the highways industry.”
Adrian Tatum, Events Producer for the Highway Awards said: “Once again the entries demonstrate the sector’s intent on continuing to drive best practice, innovation and efficiency across the industry.”
Achieving shortlists for 6 wide ranging entries following scrutiny by a well-respected and distinguished judging panel is a significant reflection on how we continue to challenge and find new and innovative ways to deliver a better service for our client,
Thank you to all the team for your contribution and enthusiasm to push projects and initiatives that achieve great things.