Emergency Services Show
A-one+ is exhibiting at the Emergency Services Show in September helping to raise awareness of the vital role we play in supporting incident, accident and emergency response on the strategic road network.
The Emergency Services Show is the UK’s leading annual showcase of the blue light sector, featuring over 450 exhibitors, live demonstrations, unique learning opportunities and unrivalled networking.
The two-day event brings together all disciplines from the emergency services sector to discover innovative technology and operational solutions, share their experiences and unite in their collaborative approach to public safety.
7,599 visitors attended the 2017 event making The Emergency Services Show the UK’s premier event and attendees from a wide range of sectors including:
- Police including British Transport Police and MOD
- Fire & Rescue Service, including DFRMO, airports, refineries, pharmaceutical and industrial brigades
- Ambulance Service including NHS, private/independent ambulances and MOD
- Voluntary sector including British Red Cross, St John Ambulance, Mountain Rescue, Cave Rescue, NSARDA, RNLI, independent lifeboat organisations, Lowland Rescue teams, Community First Responders and many more!
- Procurement departments and framework providers such as YPO, NHS Supply Chain, the Consortium, the Home Office Police and Fire & Rescue Collaboration
- Home Office and ESN
- Civil Contingencies Secretariat, Resilience Direct and Ordnance Survey
- R&D departments including NFCC R&D and CAST
- Utilities such as water, telecoms, gas and electricity
- Government Departments such as local authority emergency planning officers, Highways England, Environment Agency, Air Rail and Marine Accident Investigation Branches, and Prison Officers.
The event takes place on Wednesday 19 September between 9-5.30pm and Thursday 20 September between 9-4pm in NEC, Birmingham, B40 1NT, with free parking for visitors.
This follows on from a team building training exercise we undertook recently with Kent Fire and Rescue Service, further highlighting our commitment to supporting our emergency services in the areas we operate.
A-one+ Site Agent, David James arranged the mock training exercise with Kent Fire and Rescue Services on site at our Stockbury Scheme with area 4 staff alongside colleagues from Volkerlaser. The purpose was to help each other understand our individual needs and challenges in a safe and controlled environment. The scenario for the mock exercise was ‘a member of public breaking into works on a closed site and trying to hang themselves from scaffolding’.
All parties gained understanding of the demands and difficulties of the other which allows us both to be better prepared to deal with incidents together. The training has helped improve relationships with key stakeholders and is an innovative way of engaging with local communities.
The video from the 2017 show can be viewed here.